About GATE 2019Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination. This exam is primarily conduct to examine the understanding level of the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Madras , Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) collectively supervise the conduct of GATE. The operation associated to GATE in each of the eight zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office on the IITs or IISc.
GATE is run and performed collectively by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) on favor of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
The GATE committee includes representatives from these administering institutes, is the only authority for regulating the examination and declaring the results. GATE is carried out by means of the collaboration of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are :
Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
GATE 2019 Notification
GATE 2019 notification will be released by GATE office in the month of July, 2018. The notification will include all necessary details like exam dates, application date, form filling procedure, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility and other important details related to GATE 2019 examination.
|Online Application Form Availability||1st week of September, 2018|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||1st week of October, 2018|
|Application Form Correction||2nd week of October, 2018|
|Last Date for Change in Examination City||3rd week of October, 2018|
|GATE 2019 Admit Card Availability||1st week of January, 2019|
|GATE 2019 Exam Date||1st & 2nd Saturday & Sunday of February, 2019|
|Answer Key Availability||After 1 Month of Examination|
|GATE 2019 Result Declaration||Last week of March, 2019|
|GATE 2019 Score Card Download||Last week of March, 2019 to Last week of May, 2019|
|Counselling Commence||2nd week week of April, 2019|
GATE 2019 Registration
Candidates can use GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) for GATE 2019 registration. Here we are providing some basic information about GATE 2019 registration please check below.
(1) Candidates have to apply for GATE 2019 examination using online mode only.
(2) GATE 2019 registration will be started from the 1st week of September, 2018.
(3) GATE 2019 registration will be end till the 1st week of October, 2018.
(4) Candidates have to register as a â€œNew Userâ€ for GATE 2019 examination registration.
(5) After successful registration candidates be able to access to GOAPS using their GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
(6) While filling GATE 2019 application form candidates need to upload scanned photograph, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate or category certificate.
GATE 2019 Registration Fee
GATE 2019 registration fee details is given below :
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
# Note : Candidates can pay the application fee via Net banking, debit card or e-challan.
GATE 2019 Eligibility
Eligibility to appear for GATE 2019 exam is as follows :
(1) Bachelorâ€™s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are pursuing the final year of such program.
(2) Bachelorâ€™s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(3) Masterâ€™s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(4) Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Masterâ€™s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
(5) Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Masterâ€™s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
(6) Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E. /B. Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2019 Papers & Paper Codes
GATE examination conducted in 23 subjects (also referred to as â€œpapersâ€) by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). A candidate can choose any one of the following listed subjects.
|GATE Paper||Paper Code||GATE Paper||Paper Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Instrumentation Engineering||IN||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Physics||PH||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Engineering Sciences||XE *||Life Sciences||XL**|
XE and XL papers collectively represent the several papers of engineering and science. you have to choose any one of these below listed subjects as one of your GATE paper.
|*XE Paper Sections||Paper Code||**XL Paper Sections||Paper Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||P|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
GATE 2019 Syllabus
GATE exam held for 23 papers. Candidates can choose any GATE paper as per their graduation subject. So, Syllabus for each stream is different. GATE 2019 aspirants can download the official PDF of GATE 2019 syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL from the link given below.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
|Section||Question No.||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|Technical + Engineering Mathematics||1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions : 65||Total Marks : 100||Total Duration : 3 hours|
|Technical Section : 70 marks||General Aptitude : 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics : 15 marks|
# Note : Numeric Answer Type Questions will carry 25 marks to 40 marks out of 100 marks.
GATE 2019 Score
This GATE score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (e.g., M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes like IISC, IITs, NITs and various other colleges of higher education with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies.
This GATE score may be utilized by Public and Private Sector units for employment screening purposes. Nowadays several public sector undertaking are using GATE scores for screening for providing a salaried employment. Such few organizations are: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) etc.