What is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE):
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination for Engineers of India or Engineering doing Students that opens the various career opportunities of students in public organisations. GATE is an All-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country by the GATE Committee comprising of faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and other seven IIT on behalf of the National Coordinating Board, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
In GATE examination, candidates can apply for only one of the 25 papers known as gate subjects. Candidates are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. However, candidates are free to choose any paper according to their admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which they wish to seek admission in M.Tech, Ph.D etc.
Engineering Student can Chose following career after successful in GATE Examinations :
- Students can pursue M.Tech/M.S/ M.E/Ph.D from IISc Bangalore, IITs, NITs, IIITs and other reputed institutes.
- Students can pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE), Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management(PGDMM), Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management(PGDPM) from NITIE Mumbai.
- Several reputed Maharatna and Navratna PSUs and research organizations recruit on basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC, CSIR etc.
- Teaching: Professor, Asst. Professor at IITs, NITs and other reputed educational institutes.
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Junior/Senior Research Associates.
- Scientists “C” grade jobs.
- Lucrative opportunities in research & development after post-graduation.
- Multinational firms shortlist candidates on the basis of GATE score.
- Some international universities offers M.S or Ph.D programs on the basis of GATE Score.